Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Couple comes out.. ten minutes early.. i had just finished a return in about 12 minutes so I was ready for this couple.. had a pretty thick set of folders of data.. new client. i thought..uh oh. this may take me longer than 12 minutes.. sure enough.. lady worked in six states! 

I thought this might  mess up my next appt starting time in a half hour.. but then i realized they were ten minutes early so i had 40 minutes to do the federal and six states.  At first thought I was feeling a little overwhelmed but i methodically, briskly, but methodically worked on the federal return while thinking about these various state.

I called up each state, one by one and worked through the six states, marking five of the six as non-resident returns.  ProSeries called out where I needed to allocate income earned in the state and went through each state one by one.. then back to ohio.. and voila.. ohio created the credit, the tax credit for taxes paid to other states.

ProSeries worked flawlessly through all six states. Big props to Intuit on this one.. took me 39 minutes for the federal and the six states.