taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Proseries did something tonight about 10:10.  They started rejecting all Iowa returns.  No explanation, but said there is an update next week that will happen before we can file anymore.  I filed 38 Thursday and 13 today at like 10:00 and they were not rejected.  I had fixed these already so I was not worried about any errors.  But the 10 I filed shortly after were rejected. So while I am happy Proseries listened to me; there will be a backlog of files to release next Thursday.  It was just luck I caught mistake before I filed any because almost every return is wrong.

But that brings us to the crux of the problem.  Does Intuit check the updates to see if any errors were created before sending updates.  I have an extra computer in back room that I could lend them.  So while this error was not easily spotted, my secretary could have found it if she had an hour to try different things and compared previous results on Iowa return.  It is pretty easy to compare a return filed Wednesday with one after update and see if refund or amount owed changed.  And if so what changed.