rbynaker
Level 13

I'm happy enough if I can get them to open the mail.  If they want to highlight things, circle numbers, draw flowers, etc. I don't mind.

I had one a couple days ago who was smart enough to log in to all of her accounts and print out the 1099s.  She put them in the folder with her unopened mail.  Not only did I have to open all of the "Important tax documents" (fold here, tear here, slide finger here, etc.), I had to compare them to the print outs to see what was a duplicate.  There was at least one mailed document that was not printed, and at least one printed document that did not come in the mail.  So a worthwhile endeavor I suppose, but one she could have done in the comfort of her own home before leaving the house.

Another one last week decided he would wait to look at the organizer until we had our appointment.  So I'm waiting as he reads each question aloud and makes a joke about the answer.  At least it was entertaining, and I bill by the hour, but probably not the best use of his or my time.