dsocpa
Level 5

Thought I would give a quick update.  After attempting to "fiddle" with this client's extension for 2 days - at a critical time when revenue stakes are high, I broke down and called tech support.  I actually got a wonderful tech who walked me through correcting. The tech mentioned right off this was a known problem and there was a work around.   As IRonMaN mentioned I had to uncheck the file return electronically for both the federal and state.  Then check the the efile extension for both returns leaving the efile return unchecked.  A misc statement in the name of one of the prior shareholders and an "untitled" basis statement had transferred over.  I had tried to remove them but they kept re-appearing.  There was information on the basis statement, so I zeroed out all the populated boxes and was then able to delete both statements.  Whew, feeling really good about the next step - efiling the extension!  Was about to click on the box when I got a statement that I needed to pay for the return as I had exceeded my limit.  Tech support lady said I'd need to get that straight with customer service because I knew that was incorrect.   I paid for the returns - knowing I'd be playing Russian roulette to call and get decent tech support.  Happy to report both extensions went through fine.  Getting a credit for the duplicated pay per return charge wasn't as easy or as pleasant......