meoleson
Level 5

I have been doing this for 53 years, 37 years as a side gig and my 17th year now as my full-time job.  Most of my base clients have been with me forever, probably 85% of them make up long term clients and the other 15% churn based on deaths, moves away, or always those looking for something cheaper.  I spent a couple of years as financial team leader for a farm cooperative and learned how to deal with the farmers complaining about the bill for their crop inputs because Joe across the street was selling something just a bit cheaper.  Our comment was only if you want it cheaper, we offer price, quality, service.  For what you want to pay pick two we can't give all three, they usually stayed with us.  In my practice I have been doing this long enough that I no longer  need to keep them all.  My philosophy has always been that my clients become my friends and if you don't become my friend, you don't come back.  This year has been emotionally draining trying to help several of my clients with life issues.