karleneolesuk
Level 1

Thank you, I understand that concept, but that doesn't answer my question as to how ProSeries will handle the new information for this particular topic or how I can alert others that I learned new information about a closed topic? I suppose as you say just creating a new threat as I just did. As far as I understand, aside from the attestation idea the mathematical calculation to the credit is the same. For example, older example shows that it was simply "The taxable amount should be reported on Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 5b. Also, retirees should write “PSO” (for public safety officer) next to the appropriate line where the taxable amount is reported." I assume input goes on 1099-R Worksheet under Insurance where there is a line for "Amount of qualified insurance premiums paid and subtracted from an eligible public safety officer's distribution." report the health (up to $3,000). How do you do a client attestation for ProSeries tax software? Or is this letter we keep in our client file as documentation in our office?

Healthcare Enhancement for Local Public Safety Officers (HELPS) - IAFF

0 Cheers