rbynaker
Level 13

@bheizer wrote:

I was finally able to get on the to taxpayer portal.....But a couple issues and wondering if anyone else having the same problems???

1. When I enter the info for my client's 1099s and get to final page to proof, it automatically puts my business name on the second payer's line and for some reason its is putting my son's name and his phone number....I'm having to go back and edit and delete that info on each 1099.

2. I can't figure out how to print 1099 to send to recipient.   It downloads to a zip file and my computer says it can open the file.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you setting up the client (issuer) in "Issuer Management" first?  If not, you'll likely want to do that.  Then when you "Start New Form" you'll select that Issuer from the drop down on the Payer Information screen.  If that's already your process there could be something buggy.  I've only done one test run with myself as issuer so I don't know if I'll have the same problem when I go to set up another client.

.zip files are fairly generic at this point.  Windows help might get you where you need to be.  File explorer can natively do some things but I've found it way too limiting to be very useful.  You might look into downloading WinZip or BreeZip or the original PKZip.  There are probably dozens with various bells and whistles (which you likely don't need if your only requirement is to uncompress a zip file).

I'll try entering a client one and see what I can figure out.

UPDATE: When I click on "Add Issuer" I just get a page that says "Loading..."  I've tried both Chrome and Firefox with no success.  Guess maybe their system is not quite ready yet . . .

UPDATE2: For good measure, I also tried Edge with no success.

Rick