lapsonluu
Level 2

Hello!

I hope you are doing well. I have a bit of complicated 1031/tax implication scenario that I am researching. 

Person #1 owns a property in city M and is looking to sell.  She is looking to do a 1031 exchange, however, she has not put up city M property for sale yet. She has found a commercial property in city F with an amazing deal and doesn't want to let the opportunity pass. She has approached reverse 1031 exchange companies to ask for their advice and has learned she rather not go this route.

Here's where I need guidance on the best way possible without incurring major tax consequences. 

She owns a company that is able to purchase city F property and have it hold it under the company's title while she gets city M property ready for sale.

When she sells M property, she will "buy" F property from her own company and initiate a 1031 exchange between the two properties under her personal name. How can we go about transferring the property between the company and the person without incurring tax compilations? Or is there a way she can bypass "buying" the property from her company and 1031 can be done between the company/owner and the buyer? 

The fact that is the owner of her own company and she's making transaction under her personal name makes this a little complex. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers