ivlabonne
Level 3

I am very sorry that i haven't been clearer in my questions:

Sale $1,200,000 allocated as $400,000 equipment (as a total, assets not individually broken down)

$800,000 goodwill, client list etc.  Payments over 10 years at stated interest rate. client received 5 payments of principal and interest, no down payment. they know that depreciation will have to be recaptured regardless of how much or how little they received.

55 assets in varying stages of depreciation, some fully depreciated, some partly depreciated.

Question:

1. I need to get all the 1245 (all had or have depreciation attached to them) off the books. NO Real Estate.

2. How to correctly allocate the $400,000 sale of equipment among the assets, so that the correct depreciation is recaptured.  say as an example a 1982 asset for 3,000 was fully depreciated using ACRS, if I use zero as the sale value then no depreciation gets recaptured and it does not go on the 6252. where does it go....?

3. if I use the disposition part of the AES and allocate any amount of the sale value then it goes to the 4797.

I am in danger of using the same asset as if it was sold with payment in full by doing it this way..

so I am looking for answers to have the tax payer pay the correct amount in this year.

I believe my issue is a lack of understanding of how the software works between getting rid of the assets on the 1120-s and the 6252 and 4797.

Apparently I my prior emails I was not clear. I am sorry.

irene

0 Cheers