Randy Haynes
Level 4

The entity is DR'S X, Y & Z PSP according to the financial data I was provided. The only thing that I can find seems to indicate that PSP is for "Priority Setting Partnership" an entity of which I am totally unaware.

My client is Doctor Z. He has no idea of the structure of the entity other than telling me that the only assets are the funds in Keough plans for each of the doctors involved.

When I asked him to get more information on the withdrawal of $230,000 he was told by the financial advisor "There are no 1099-R's generated. Attached please find March 2022 statement, on page 9 you will see your withdrawal. This is what the accountants use for tax purposes."

In the statement, there are records of holdings, sales, etc.  for the month of March only. That was the month of the withdrawal.

In my experience, I know that Keough plans are funded by pre-tax dollars, so it would be normal for all withdrawals (distributions) to be fully taxable. The problem is that in the details buried in the statement, there are funds shown with basis, sales with gains, etc. I am a total loss as to how to correctly report this on the tax return.

0 Cheers