Level 4

Hi!  You enter the amount of compensation (Stocks Basis) to offset the amount that is taxed on your w-2 box 12 for sale of employee stock.  The 1099 B shows 0 basis, so you have to adjust the basis to the amount that was included in the employee's income when they "purchased" the stock instead of cash wages.  Clear as Mud???  I just thought of another thing to try in the morning! I'm going to enter the same transaction twice. Once as a Code E and once as a Code B.  Wish me luck!

I know and it's driving me crazy. I have one set of info from the company and one set from the 1099B and trying to get them to mesh together is a real bear.  I had 31 transactions to enter and have gotten all correct except the last four.  These seem to have a mixture of the 2 codes E & B and both instructions that I have from the company are all in different order and terminology on both are completely different. This is on all 31 transactions.  I have 3 sets of paper information and none of them are in numerical order. then the terminology on the tax program is completely different from the company.  Sorry I'm venting! I've been working on these for a few days!  and nearly done!

0 Cheers