HFINANCIAL
Level 3

I have a client that has a W2 with the NJ FLI reported in Box 15 (under NJ state wages). The wages for FLI are blank but Proseries will not allow a value lower than the state wages.  Adding state wages, doubles on the state return.  I reached out to Paychex (who provided the W2 for the ER and they stated the response below.  Can anyone assist with this or should I just enter the FLI in Box 14? Will that cause a mismatch with the IRS filing by Paychex?

W2 with NJ FLI_Box 15.png

Paychex Response:

So further researching, and I did read on the NJ site as well that the FLI for New Jersey withholding can be reported in Box 17 and the state agency does state "This amount should not be added to your New Jersey Income Tax withholding or reported on the New Jersey withholding line of Form NJ-1040".

I believe there was an error on their end when trying to file the taxes, they combined the State Income tax with the FLI. I don't see any error. I have also included the state agency website that I utilized as well below.

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/notice-common.shtml#:~:text=Your%20employer%20may%20report...

0 Cheers