khardegree
Level 2

Hey Slats,

Thank you for posting your experience. It does help when we are trying to figure out these computer/software issues when others share. We resolved the error by running the Tools- Repair Update. My boss got extremely frustrated with this today and called Intuit to express her dissatisfaction and inquire when the fix was coming. They are aware that others are having this issue but told us to continue to run the Tools- Repair Update every morning before we try to open ProSeries. She didn't like that nor did we but you do what you have to do to get up and running. 

I am curious as to whether those that reinstalled are still having this issue or not. We were however able to update a workstation prior to the Admin computer this time and have it work. 

The running of the updates automatically has me a bit baffled though. You stated they did away with the background updates but on our workstations, I keep Task Manager open at times during the day because I hear my computer working in the background or I do not get a response when I am actively working and know something is consuming 100 or near 100% disk space and lots of memory. I have looked to see what the process is and it has been the Proseries background updater that runs randomly throughout the day. It will not update the software if we are in it but it will give us a notification on the bottom right hand corner that Proseries has an update waiting to be installed. I am guessing that this is a preference that our admin computer has chosen for us. I couldn't find anything right off that said whether Proseries did away with the background updater or not after 2021 but something is obviously still running a background updater on our network but just not updating the software until be enter the program the next go round. I so dislike dealing with software and computer network issues. ProSeries seems to keep this an ongoing issue every year. In their defense, not all the issues are their fault. Windows updates love to throw everyone off from time to time.