The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Hi Everybody,

On 11/30/22 I received two random emails from [QuickBooksSupport at Intuit dot com]

Never have I purchased or used Quick Books software. Never ever.

The emails list the Subject as: License Information. The body of the email contains all of the ProSeries tax software that I have purchased from 2006 thru the present with the product description, license number, and product ID for each product for each year.

At the bottom there is a statement that reads:

We sent you this email because we received a request from you or someone at your company for your QuickBooks license information. If no one from your company requested this information, please contact us. If you need to download QuickBooks, visit the QuickBooks Support Site.

Thanks for being an Intuit customer!

You have received this business communication as part of our efforts to fulfill your request or service your account. You may receive this and other business communications from us even if you have opted out of marketing messages.

If you receive an e-mail message that appears to come from Intuit but that you suspect is a phishing e-mail, please forward it immediately to [email address removed] . Please visit http://security.intuit.com/ for additional security information.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

© 2013 Intuit Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

So, is this just a lame marketing attempt or something more sinister?

0 Cheers