LJHCPA
Level 4

Just a follow-up to my earlier message. I contacted ProSeries Support today and the contact agent forwarded a sanitized copy of the respective tax return to the programming staff. The programmers apparently cannot understand the problem so they cannot provide a solution.

I'm trying to simplify this as much as possible, but maybe the communication problem is on my end?

I see the problem as ProSeries does not auto populate Schedules K-1 of Form 565 for the CA PTET tax payments, despite the data being correctly calculated on FTB 3804 with the activation checkbox checked. The amount of the PTET tax paid on behalf of each qualifying partner should be reflected automatically on Sch K-1 line 15(f), but it is not--nothing appears anywhere on the CA Sch K-1. The only apparent solution is to enter a manual over ride for line 15(f)--obviously, not ideal.

The programmers seemed to want to focus on Forms 592 and 592PTE both of which are irrelevant because those forms deal with 2022 tax withholding and payments. I'm trying to get 2021 payments reflected on the 2021 Sch K-1. This is unacceptable for a program of ProSeries alleged stature.  Any comments?

0 Cheers