gsa11
Level 3

Wife died last year and husband is catching up on a couple years of tax returns with a balance due each year.  After completing the appropriate boxes in Proseries, the EF Info Worksheet noted an error about whether I was attaching a pdf or mailing in the 2848.  I've been following the official IRS instructions to complete the 2848 for the husband to sign the tax return and I feel like I'm going in a circle.  This is what I've pulled from the instructions:

Line 1 Deceased taxpayer name/address/Tax ID (supposedly also the husband's name and title except there is no space in Proseries to include it)

Line 2 (Is this the husband? Except the IRS says "You may only name individuals who are eligible to practice before the IRS as representatives.")

Line 3 Income, 1040, 2019-2022

Line 4 Does this box need checked?

Line 5a check box for "sign return" and write “This power of attorney is being filed pursuant to 26 CFR 1.6012-1(a) (5), which requires a power of attorney to be attached to a return if a return is signed by an agent by reason of c) Specific permission is requested of and granted by the IRS for other good cause [of death].

Line 7/Part II are signatures

Help appreciated!

0 Cheers