dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Elderly cpl moved to our area, and called me saying their paper filed return refund(mailed feb 2022) had not arrived. i did the 'Where's my refund?" and IRS doesn't even have in system yet. So, I said I would e-file the return for them(because I am such a nice guy), and he brings all his data in. I'm going thru his papers, entering info, and get to the RRC question. Well, they didn't get it, or the 6475 letters. (and the paper 2021 return did not request the RRC of $2800)  But they had gotten paper checks for EIP1 & EIP2. I learn that the moved in March 2021, about a week after their CPA filed the 2020 return. I know some post offices won't forward IRS payments, so it's maybe logical they didn't get the check, but looks like the P.O. would have forwarded the 6475 letters. No way they peeps can do the verify.me ID thingy. Suggestions?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers