rjh1963
Level 2

I sent in a sanitized return for Case #1580463934 if that helps you.

In the past, Louisiana has allowed certain partnerships to use the Federal extension (Form 7004) as an extension for Louisiana.  For 2021, a Louisiana extension is needed and is needs to be E-filed.

My partnerships were already extended for Federal purposes, so I think the Louisiana software is recognizing that and creating some type of problem, but I'm not sure.

On the Federal Information Worksheet, I have the box checked for a Louisiana Extension to be E-filed (not a Louisiana Corporate (PTE only) return).  When I go to the Louisiana Information Worksheet, Part VI has the Electronic Filing of Extension box marked "X".  In Part VII, the Yes box is marked "X" even though I have not filed an extension yet for Louisiana and the Extended Due Date line is showing 11/15/22.  (This was auto populated after filing the Federal extension.)

I went to the LA Extension worksheet to mark "X" the Freeze box.   Went to Part VII on the Louisiana Information Worksheet to put today's date on the line Extension Filing Date.  Marked the First Extension Ready to E-file.   I then went to the E-file center and tried to E-file the extension.  An error was generated stating:  "Louisiana Partnership: Partnership Information Worksheet: Today's date must be entered for electronic filing.  First extension conversion failed."

I tried entering a date in Part VI, but same error.  I tried to have it not check for errors on conversion, but same error.   I tried overriding the Yes box in Part VII of the Info W/S and marking the No box "X" and putting today's date, or no date at all for the Extended Due Date line, but still same error.

I was told by support that my file was probably corrupted and I should delete the return and start over.  It is happening on more than 1 client, so I don't agree with this solution.   I did however try this on a client that was already on Federal extension and no real work has been performed on the return, but same results.   I decided not to delete the return that I had spent about 15 hours working on so far.

Hopefully you can find a resolution for this issue.  The extensions are due May 16th.