Kobebean
Level 3

Ahhhh, what's the matter? Does someone not like it when they wrong? Did it take you 24 hours to say the same thing that I already went over? Didn't I already go over that in the last post or are you just going to ignore it because you have nothing else to say? Btw, I believe I said yesterday the return was already done so I don't need the extra week.  Maybe learn to read and comprehend. Hopefully you are not preparing anyone's taxes given your total incompetent responses. 

Read and comprehend below Montana Troller. If you aren't trying to troll than you have bigger problems in life. Here it is again from yesterday. You still haven't addressed why you were mentioning 1040 when I never did. lol. I look forward to your response tomorrow with the same thing because you have nothing. I guess there really is nothing to do in Montana. 

Fine I guess I am wasting more time on this. 

You wrote this

Here: https://montana.servicenowservices.com/citizen/kb?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0013185

https://mtrevenue.gov/publications/montana-form-fid-3-income-tax-instructions-for-estates-and-trusts...

I posted this after you replied with links. "Thanks but I was referring to why doesn't ProSeries have a 1041 option on the state products. "

IF you have ever done Trust returns before and clearly you haven't, when you go to add the state there is a 1041 box NEXT TO THE STATE. That's why I asked why isn't there a 1041 option because I didn't know Proseries didn't support it. Maybe I figured somebody would just know and tell me or better yet perhaps there was a pending update. Of course not because AHoles exist here. Same thing I posted earlier. That's below. This was after you reference 1040

Here's your response

"You know there is no Form 1040 for Montana, as well, right? Because the MT Individual tax return is Form 2".

"Fed Numbers don't translate into State Numbers."

Pretty clear what I am talking about. This was the first time I explained it.

Thanks Captain obvious but I am not doing a 1040 return.  You obviously don't prepare 1041 Trust returns.  There is no option to pick Montana as a state when filing a TRUST TAX return in Pro Series. Under state products when adding it lists 1041 and you check mark it. CA for example is 541 when you do the return.  I was asking why Pro Series doesn't support it. It appears MT has a Trust return that has to be filled out manually since Pro Series doesn't support for unknown reasons. 

So why are you talking about 1040's again?  Scroll up to learn about what happens when you add a state trust return to your 1041 return and why it says 1041 next to the states or go back to the original comments and read about it again.  Better yet pretend do an actual return and then go to add the state returns and see 1041 listed for yourself. 

0 Cheers