arandersen
Level 3

I initially said I had this problem in an S corp return, which I prepared in the Pro version, but upon double checking, I didn't have this problem in the Pro version, nor for an S corp, which always has to be prepared using the Pro Version.

The problem does seem to be limited to the Basic version on the Form 1040. As a test, I took my Basic version 1040, which spits out this diagnostic and I imported that Basic version return data file into the Pro Version and voila, I don't get any diagnostic message in the Pro version.

As I said, I get this diagnostic every year for that one client in the Basic version. I don't really know anything more to tell you, other than I have double checked everything and the Basic version has worked for years even ignoring this diagnostic.

But if it really bothers you, you can always use the Pro version for this one return and do the pay per return for that one return. I don't think you made a mistake going to Basic. For most returns, Basic works just fine. And as I have mentioned, after finishing the return in Basic, you can open Pro and go to File Maintenance and "Restore" the Basic return into the Pro version. You don't have to pay just to do this. Then you can open up the Pro and Basic returns at the same time, side by side, and compare the AMT schedules on each version and see if there are any differences between the two versions. And if you see a difference, just manually type in the numbers from the Pro version into the Basic version.

Or, just pay for that one return to be printed out and filed in the Pro version.

0 Cheers