davetodd11
Level 5
I am filing a Form 1041 for a Grantor Trust.  I have selected only the "Grantor type trust" box in the top section A of the 1041.  I understand that the 1041 is for informational purposes only, and the data for the trust will be reported in a Grantor Letter, which I will include as an attachment to the returns.

I want to use the Asset Entry Worksheet to calculate depreciation/amortization amounts and track accumulated figures.    However, as soon as I fill out a worksheet, the depreciation amount carries to the Schedule E and I get an error on Form 1041 at the 'Grantor type trust' box stating, "Form 1041: Grantor trust box is the only 'Entity Type' box checked.  If the entire return is a grantor type trust, do not report dollar amounts on Form 1041."

The 1041 itself actually does not show any dollar figures, but the program is apparently triggering on the depreciation amount that is populating on the Sch. E, as I have entered no income and no other expenses.  

Is it possible to utilize the Asset Entry Worksheets for managing Depreciation/Amortization items without generating and submitting the Sch. E, or a way of using the Sch. E so that it does not carry over income/loss data to the 1041?  I would prefer to maintain as much data within ProSeries as possible, rather than keeping up offline docs and attaching them as attachments.
0 Cheers