nancy2
Level 5

Thank you for your response.  I wish I knew why it doesn't work.  I have spent much time trying to make it work and the only way to do that apparently is override.   

One issue is the Sch E amounts.  Both of which are not Alabama items.  One is rental property that has been an issue for years and I have simply made another line on the Schedule called, Non Alabama Income to back it out.  This year there is a partnership interest.....  again, not an Alabama item.  I have been unable to find a way to back that out other than overriding the Sch C Alabama amount to zero.  Which results in an error message of course.  I have asked the question here a few days ago about some worksheet that is referenced in the instructions but I cannot find it in the program.  

The next issue is allocating the federal expenses between the two states.   The only worksheet I can locate in the program simply allocates between taxable and tax exempt.  Which is not an issue in this case.  

I also need help with the K-2 form on a partnership return.  Can you help with that?

Thank you.

0 Cheers