taxprollc
Level 1

Why hasn't proseries released form 8814? IRS released it in Jan. This is a common form that has not changed.  Customer service says March 31. We need this form to finalize return. 

dascpa
Level 11

Why hasn't ProSeries released 7203, 8814, 8915, and many more.  And the states too. 

Multiple choice: (a) ProSeries hates their customers. (b) ProSeries is incompetent. (c) We expect too much for paying over $7,000 for software. (d) ProSeries has not gotten final approval from the government on the software to release these forms. (e) All of the above. (f) Something else.

HuntFishTax
Level 3

Yep, being an Alaskan tax preparer sucks this year.

99.9% of all clients get a Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend, and ProSeries give us a big middle finger until 03/31/2022.

This 8814 form hasn't changed in YEARSSSS. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh, I vote for "b". 

Although I suppose "d" is technically also correct because Intuit probably hasn't submitted it yet to the IRS, so therefore they don't have final approval.

0 Cheers

I think what really makes this so frustrating is that this year there is no extended deadline.

I hope IRS would extend the deadline to avoid more problems on their end.  For instance, I have a client whose return was electronically filed last May.  Yet, her transcript shows no return filed.  We did get through to IRS and I gave them confirmation number from Form 9325.  They found the return in a department for special handling, whatever that means.  Anyway, she had an overpayment of $5000 which was applied to 2021.   You know we are going to claim the credit and you know IRS will send her a bill for $5000.  How long is it going to take to straighten that one out?  If IRS set the date back a month or two and worked to clear up the 2020 backlog, they will eliminate problems such as this.

Anyway, the missing forms at this late date is problematic.

0 Cheers