I think the Quality Control Team has been out to lunch for now the third tax season in a row.  Whether it was the kiddie tax not calculating correctly on 2019 or 2020 returns, or the home mortgage interest deduction worksheet not working correctly on 2020 and again on 2021 returns after working perfectly on 2019 returns, or now this with the estimated payment vouchers, it has been quite frustrating dealing with ProSeries.

Personally, I am on the back end of my career and really do not want to learn a new program for one or two more tax seasons.  But if I was a younger preparer, I would sprint so fast and far away from this program.  Stuff sits in my office waiting for ProSeries to fix something and in many instances the fix never comes.  So you spend precious time trying to find a workaround to a problem which shouldn't exist, and more precious time dealing with impatient clients who want their taxes done, period.   I feel like anything I say related to the software sounds like a lame excuse to the client.  Tomorrow I have to tell a senior client who does not have a computer that I cannot give her the estimated payment vouchers after telling her two weeks ago that the program said I would have the vouchers on February 17th.  Not looking forward to that discussion.  And it seems it is never ending.  Remember last year the Form 8606 wasn't working properly?  I could list more things but it is continual, and their communication is next to non-existent.  When one calls in, the person who you speak with can't address your issue even if they remote into your computer, so they have to type your concern to someone else whose ability to understand the problem is left to the mercy of the communication skills of the person you are talking with.  Seems to be incredibly inefficient if you ask me, but hey, no one asked me.   As a result, trying to get an answer is almost impossible, let alone an accurate answer.  Even something as simple as the search feature in the accountants community is dysfunctional.

If you are a younger tax preparer, do yourself a favor this summer and explore other options.  Intuit has forgotten what customer means in customer service.