joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@IRonMaN  you once said you’d zzzzzz after the fifth line, but you wrote an Accountant Community thesis of 1,250 lines, LOL.

Your points were well taken. Believe me, I don’t take others’ plight lightly. I’m just a tax guy, who don’t know much about the modern-day computer programming. Neither do I know how to run a corporation. So, without the knowledge and creditable insider 0info, I can’t conclude, like you did, that the delay was a simple matter of “corporate greed”. I do know different software may have different platforms or existing thingies that make different programming challenges. The tax law and regulation changes have been crazy since the onset of COVID. Honestly, I do comprehend the difficulties faced by the software companies. Even for the IRS in regards to its backlog. I’m quite sure you’re correct that they at Intuit don’t know how to run tax practices - pretty much as much as I don’t know how to run a programming department.

Periodically, I review my software usage and the alternatives, and decide on whether to change. I once changed to CCH and it was a disaster, LOL. As an owner, I make business decisions and stick with the consequences thereon. I stay with Lacerte because of the software’s capability. I called support 5 times this year so far and was invited for a survey for four of them. In each time, I gave support a top score. I was being honest. One negative feedback I gave was that the hold time was too long. But then, perhaps I’m just a lucky guy.

In any case, go ahead and stick with your “corporate greed” conclusion. In my view, Intuit is a good company in terms of its financial management. I root for your belief.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.