dsocpa
Level 5

2 nonresident shareholders of a MD S corp electing PTE status.  On the S Corp return tax paid was $750 total ($375 ea).  On the MD 511Pass-through Enity Taxable income Smart worksheet I've got the federal income (less the $750 tax paid) which flows coming from federal schedule k-1 line 1 $6519).

Line C (smart worksheet still) the $750 comes over from the 1120S line 12 A.  Then line D $750 tax paid.  The $750 amount is then added to the federal return income (Line A PTE Smart Wkst) for a total MD income of $7269.  Which makes sense the federal income is less the amount of the state tax actually paid.  Line 2 ends up on line 4 as PTE taxable income allocable to MD.  Line 6 shows correctly $7269 total individual taxable income for members.  Line 10 computes the PTE tax due which is $582 computed on the MD total income of $7,269.   Line 13a brings in the $750 actually paid which carries down to line 13e. So far so good.  Since $582 is less than $i750 there is an overpayment of $168, which is brought down to line 18 to apply to this years estimated tax (fiscal year taxpayers).

Schedule B Part 1 correctly lists each shareholder, their 50-50% of the $7,269 and their share of tax paid on the $582 balance due.

I run an error check (regular yellow triangle).  0 errors.

I run the Review and bam error that states there is a difference of $7,269 between total distributive or prorata share of income on form 511, page 1 line 2 and the total of all distributve or pro rata share of income on form 511, Schedule B, Parts I,II,III and IV.  I have checked and cross checked for the error and determined there isn't one.  Sch B Part I (the only part showing up on Schedule B) the members prorata share of income and the prorata share of tax paid are exactly correct.  For the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.  I've and reread the insturctions, course material I've taken over the last  few months and can't find a single thing out of line.  Is this a bug in the efile error checking process or am I including (or excluding) an amount somewhere on MD return.  Really fruastrating I've spent hous trying to get this one thing wrapped up so I can move on to the zillion other returns I need to be working on.

0 Cheers