Level 4

I am inputting   data on a 2021 return which I have done for several years.  It is for a Married Couple with no Children or other Dependents. A Form 8812 Child Tax Credits is appearing with errors wanting to know how much was received in 2020 for Child Tax Credits.  I have always filled out the data info sheet With Taxpayer Occupation - Educator and Spouses Occupation - Disabled.  There are no dependents. They did receive the $2400.00 Recovery Rebate Credit.

The Child Tax Credit form 8821 appears with two errors in the Letter 6419 box - Lines B1 and B2 wanting to know how much child tax credit they received in 2021 --- which obviously is 0 for both and they have received no letter. Looking at their 2020 return there is nothing done to suggest anything about a CTC.  However, I cannot remove that form from the 2021 tax return to e-file and hate doing that because the form does not apply.  I checked other 2021s that I have entered for married with no children and no 8812 has come up.  If anyone else has had this happen please let me know how you resolved it.

Thanks

0 Cheers