PATAX
Level 15

Just received this information in an email directly from broker, I think it applies to allof us: Delayed Form 1099s: In an effort to capture delayed data on original form 1099s,  the IRS allows us to extend the mailing date until March 15th 2022, for clients who hold particular Investments or who have had specific taxable events occur. Examples of delayed information include: income reallocation related to mutual funds (and so forth).(I think many clients have mutual funds) Also, Amended Form 1099s: Even after delaying your form 1099, please be aware that adjustments to your form 1099 are still possible. We are required by the IRS to produce an amended form 1099 if notice of such an investment is received after the original form 1099 has been produced. ( I noticed a lot of times the corrected form is basically immaterial, where a small figure has changed, usually concerning qualified dividends/capital gains )... another reason to wait a little bit before completing some returns ... Just my opinion...hope this helps