dgray2901
Level 2
I am positive of the e-file reject status. Both returns were rejected as having been submitted on 11/19 even though the e-postmark from Lacerte was 11/17. I spent over an hour on the phone with Lacerte staff who blame the IRS for not picking up the returns from Lacerte servers even though it was timely transmitted to them (according to all deadline notifications that I received from Lacerte).

I was told that Lacerte does not really "send" batches of returns to the IRS even though the on screen e-file status documentation reads "Return forwarded-The Lacerte e-filing center has transmitted...". I was told that the IRS picks up the returns from Lacerte and that this late file was not Lacerte's fault. The Lacerte representative gave me the phone number of the e-file help desk as my only option for getting answers as to why these returns were not e-filed on Saturday before the shutdown.

There are refunds in both cases. I would paper file if I could, but one client is still out of the country and the other return is a joint filing with one spouse on either coast. We accomplished all documentation and signatures through secure online means.
0 Cheers