See do I need a me a Ein on irs website and the answer is probably yes and see ITA interactive tax assistant .

No W9 before its time . Withholding agent after not before a letter from audit request will give name ,address .and phone of the agent assigned to your company.

If you don’t have. Corporate form to report 1099 income requirements then your name will appear on the letter. The requestor is the IRS agent and the only one who can actually know that it did not match in the first place. You would be able to tax withholding from a company or person and set up Form 945 for withholding. See instructions if required. Is if your are required by IRS. Privacy act . Last page 2024 .. it’s phone call.. IRS is calling requesting you to return your information to me the requestor . A form is IRS and is just as a phone call.. IRS logo you can’t say I printed and I am required and responsible.. who made you in charge? Not the IRS then you don’t impersonate an IRS agent. You have a contract with a company or person that is not your employee and they are not your responsibility. 

0 Cheers