qbteachmt
Level 15

"a balance sheet having an amount for dividends paid in."

That's isn't a detail. That is how your taxpayer client communicated something to you, and that doesn't tell you/us enough. For instance, you might be looking at Banking deposit and an Equity increase? Or a dividend is seen in Income. There is no info as to the nature of this inflow, in other words.

"i tried to input it on sck k ordinary dividends but i dont think it is right."

Whose dividends were these; where from and why? How does that relate to the S Corp?

"MY QUESTION IS : where on lacerte would you input dividends paid in for 1120s form ?"

Again, until there is some relational perspective for the source of these amounts, and for why they are being paid in to this S Corp, there is no answering this question for you.

The word dividend can be used by a lot of people in a lot of ways. Example: An electricity coop issues "dividend checks" at year end. Your S Corp client holds an investment via stock shares that are kicking out dividends.Your S Corp is an investor in another entity, and they paid out "dividends" that are really some sort of interest or return on investment, or earnings. Or, it's from participating in a crypto farm.

We don't know enough. You need to perform due diligence because your taxpayer hasn't given you enough info. Did they give you a 1099-Div that reflects these amounts?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers