dantaxman52
Level 2

I want to keep an air gap between my client's data and the internet. 

In prior years I could use the cd to install the current year's program on a stand alone computer.  That option has been taken away from me.  For the first time in 30+ years I am forced to expose prior year client data to install the current year's program.  Nor, for 2023 tax year, is there an equivalent available to the CD, like "Download full cd image", as there was in prior years.

the ostensible reason for for discontinuing the cd distribution was to cut down on the "environmental cost".  The environmental cost of having a program available to duplicate the function of the cd would be minimal. 

Client data security is a top priority.   If bad actors can gain access to data in multinational firms, how do I as a "one person shop" keep them away from my client's data?  The best answer is to maintain an air-gap so the data NEVER has the potential to be exposed in ANY WAY from the computers under my control.

Half my clients file on paper at their request.  Please help me protect their data.

0 Cheers