TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Can you clarify the background?

1. Why are YOU commenting on TurboTax, when you don't use it?  Or do you work as a TurboTax advisor or something like that?
  2. Why are they asking specifically about TurboTax, rather than general do-it-yourself tax software?
  3. Your comment is comparing it to preparing the tax return without a program.  Is that really what the question is about?  The question itself could also be interpreted as comparing TurboTax to other tax programs, or comparing it to a tax professional.

Because I am quite familiar with TurboTax, I'll also add the fact that it is FILLED with errors and incorrect guidance.  And despite the fact that the 'regular' commenters there have passed on details about some gross errors, the developers ignore most of the errors.  There was one scenario that if the taxpayer followed what the program told them, they would have paid $20,000 more in income tax than they were supposed to.

At least for more complex situations, in my opinion using a do-it-yourself program is a great way to pay MORE taxes than you need to.