jimweinstein
Level 1

I have been trying for 2 months to file a 2021 990-T with just a Form 2439 attachment for refund purposes and the IRS e-file desk told me the Form 2439 must be attached in an XML format so they can see the Form 2439 on their system not a PDF attachment which is the only option I have and that is why I am getting that rejection.  The software has a check box "Filing From 990-T for Form 2439 credit only".  If the software has the check box, the software should be able to send the proper electronic return format.  After numerous calls with support no one seems to be able to tell me when/if this will be fixed on the software.  I noted the issue to the Lacerte support representative, but it seemed like he had no way to get the engineers a specific request/advisory to resolve the issue, which makes not sense.  After posting to the community I have not received a response either.   I have an angry client waiting for money that I can't get refunded to him.  Can someone from Lacerte update me on when this issue will be fixed or what the status is?

0 Cheers