taxgirl1
Level 1

We need to know if this is a Lacerte issue or our server issue.  Any input is helpful.

abctax55
Level 15

Lacerte is wonky as hell this year, especially if networked.  

Slow, freezes, requires frequent reboots to continue.  I'm beyond frustrated.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

abctax55
Level 15
ARE you networked?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1608540-lacerte-program-is-running-slow

Here's an article.  And running CLPAK may (or may not...) help.  Removing appointments from the display helps with some issues.  I'm not sure if those are in the article....

( Generic Comment )"
mrule
Level 2

I haven't had issues with the display or client list looking odd but I can't send out for an e-signature. Every time I attempt it, it just freezes and shuts down my system.  We are networked and just put in a brand new server this year already.  I am guessing it is a Lacerte issue, hoping they fix it soon because I have several ready for e-signatures. 

0 Cheers
Nelsontax
Level 1

One year later and I'm having the same issue

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

It's worse this year than in previous years, we are running 2021 on a much newer server than last year too.

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Running Lacerte on an Alienware 17 R4 with 1TB 970 EVO plus M2 drive (5x faster than a normal SSD) with 16 gigs of memory an I7 CPU Lacerte workstation install and networked on 1 gig switch for client storage only on a NAS with dual mirrored 10k rpm drives.  Latest win 10 and all programs/NAS/Switch/router updated.  Every new client I enter in Lacerte goes into a memory error type warning and then I have to exit and restart the program.  Data is still there but... Couple this with the $800 first year in business error for CA entities formed after 1/1/21 and the S-Corp form 7203 omission, what am I paying top dollar for again?

JeanetteA1
Level 1

Ours too, while entering information, getting blank form screens and then just crashes out of nowhere. Two different computers

0 Cheers