joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

How Lacerte implemented the payment and instructions was NOT "user friendly" to taxpayers who pay the FTE Tax with check.  Also it is NOT (my understanding) how CCH implemented it.  It defies logic that for a client who has yet to pay the tax, I would NOT get Lacerte to automatically print the voucher and instructions; for a client who has NO 3893(PTE) payment, the voucher and instructions would be printed. 

Getting to your point.  100S Line 35 input is on Screen 48 under PTE Elective Tax Payment Vouchers(s), the fourth Item - that is “Payment voucher 2021 Form 3893[O]".  This is regardless of the payment method - EFT or check.

If EFT is set up on scree 3.1, Lacerte generates Form 8453-C, showing the overall balance and NO mention of Form 3893.  The balance is thus the Form 100S balance, a combined result of the regular tax, less estimated tax payment plus Form 3893(PTE).  Thus if the estimated tax is OVER the income tax, the overpayment would net against the PTE Tax.  This is okay.  I can make do with Skipping the details about how the balance is actually the result of the PTE Tax.  No itemization needed to give to the client.  It's just that when the client opts to pay with check that the return, instructions and 3893(PTE) are NOT consistent.     

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers