George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/remove-a-forgotten-client-password-in-lacert...

1. Sign in to â€‹My Account.
  2. Under the Helpful Resources menu, Select Client Password Unlock.
  3. From the Program: dropdown menu, select Tax Program.
  4. From Program Type dropdown menu, select the return type you need to unlock for your client file.
  5. In Client Number, enter the number for the client file you need to unlock.
    • The client number must match the client number in your Lacerte database or the unlock code won't work.
  6. Select Submit.
  7. You'll see a temporary code to unlock your client file. 
    • Keep the code on hand, as you'll need to enter it in the Forgot Password window.
    • The code will expire at midnight the day it generates.
  8. In Lacerte, right-click the desired client and select Remove Password.
    • ​If you're using the Multiple Clients unlock code, select multiple clients on your Lacerte client list first, then right-click on one the clients and select Remove Password.
  9. In the Enter Unlock Code field, enter your Client Password Unlock code and select OK.

If the code doesn't unlock the client file:

• Make sure you've entered the code exactly as it appears in the My Account Client Password Unlock utility. (Don't copy and paste from the website, as this can cause issues)
  • Make sure that the Customer Account Number on My Account is the same as the Lacerte Customer number:
    1. Select Settings.
    2. Select Options.
    3. Select the Firm Info tab.
    4. Under Firm Information, review the Lacerte Customer number.
  • If you've installed multiple prep files, make sure the Firm is set to 0; if the prep file is other than 0, the unlock code won't work.
    • To make sure the Firm is set to 0:
      1. Select Settings.
      2. Select Options.
      3. Select the Firm Info tab.
      4. Under the Firm panel view, check that the Firm is set to 0.
        • If it isn't, sign in to that Firm and try again.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers