joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/recovery-rebate-credit-th...

A week or so ago, there was another thread along this line.  PPECPA initiated the original message.  In the end, PPECPA seemed to conclude the IRS made a mistake.

The computation for the Recover Rebate Credit is fairly simple.  

2020 AGI

EIP1 received

EIP2 received 

====>  Balance of RRC on Line 30.  

Lacerte use the 2020 AGI in the computation.  I doubt the 2019 AGI was in the picture.   

The messages from NCJ Connie and Laura seemed to indicate they did the work.  Now I start to wonder if IRS errors are possible. 

In the case of PPECPA, the adjustment made by the IRS was exactly the total of the two EIP amounts.  At one point, I was wondering whether the info provides by the clients represented only half of the total EIP payments (husband got half and wife got half and the IRS records obtained from the IRS website showed 50% under the H's account (SSN) and the other half on the W's.) 

PPECPA checked and said that was NOT the case.   Based on the info, one possibility was that the IRS recorded the EIP amounts twice.  I have NO idea how the info was processed by the IRS so I don't know if that was possible.

For what it's worth, NCJ, Connie and Laura, after verifying your math - and IF your math was correct - take a look at the adjustment by the IRS.  Could you make some sense out of the  adjustment?  Did the IRS adjustment happen to be the same as the EIP received? 

Just bantering here while nursing my daily bourbon regimen....        

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers