PPECPA
Level 4

Worthy Brothers and Sisters,

Joshua nailed it!

Yes we are in agreement.  Screen 38.2 shows two input boxes. 

In the Economic impact payment 1 I entered the amount of the first EIP of $1,066 (rounded)

In the Economic impact payment 2 I entered the amount of the second EIP of $516 (rounded)

These payments tied out to the IRS website/app for this client (Mr. and Mrs. Doe)

These payments were also tied out to the Does checking account.

Both EIPs were made out to Mr. & Mrs. Doe.  I just got off the phone with Mrs. Doe and she confirmed this.  Mrs. Doe also stated that she and Mr. Doe had to both endorse said payments before she could deposit as both Mr. & Mrs. Does names were on said checks.  She further stated that no other EIP were received for the tax year.

Please understand that I did not intend to insult anyone by saying "that dog just won't hunt".  What I intended to imply is the IRS's position on this doesn't hold water or rather the IRSs dog just won't hunt.

I'm starting to feel more and more confident that the IRS may have mad an error in this.  I'm thinking I should have the client contact the IRS and state the position that the Recovery Rebate Credit on the Return is accurate and correct. 

You all have been great and I can't thank you all enough.  Before I write a letter disagreeing with the IRS's findings, does anyone else have anything further to add?  Any thing I may have missed?  I can't think of anything.

PPE

0 Cheers