sheila7000
Level 1
Jesus said, “You will always have the poor among you, " ( John 12:8). Since there was reason resurrect that concept about 2000 years later, what's your basis on believing there's no reason to resurrect it again just 2 years later after that?

I'd really love for a future researcher to see my comment, "....contribute to my trust" was added to the cardboard sign, that's a valid deduction," esp. if by then we actually have contributions to a special needs trust be tax deductible.

Of course the words don't make it tax deductible. But, if the person had a special needs trust because they qualify for it, and the laws would get with the program and allow it to be tax deductible, then it'd most definitely be a valid deduction. And, because of the words on the cardboard, it would be a signal to the givers that there's some sort of process involved in getting this into this qualified person's trust for a valid tax deduction.

In other words, it's not because money given to people w/ cardboard signs in general isn't tax deductible that contributions to a special needs trust isn't tax deductible. It's BECAUSE the laws aren't with the program to allow it to be tax deductible - regardless if the qualified person is holding a cardboard sign or not.

Also, by the time, "....contribute to my [special needs] trust" gets added to the cardboard sign, it'll be because laws will be with the program that it's deductible, and therefore it will be valid deduction. So yes, most definitely I believe that if the words "contribute to my trust" was added to the cardboard sign, that's a valid deduction, as I had said, but you didn't get it. Of course it can also be tried as a scam at any time.
0 Cheers