lyleKS
Level 3

I have a client who is a Kansas resident and has Oklahoma farm and royalty income.  The client needs to file OK Form 511-NR.  However, when making the allocation of revenue of Oklahoma income it picks up the gross farm and gross royalty income, not the net income for each.  Interestingly, this client has Kansas Schedule C income, and if I convert it to Oklahoma Sch C income the allocation works, but not if it shows as Kansas Sch C income.

Also, the allocation of traditional IRA contribution to Oklahoma is entirely wrong.  It should be based on Oklahoma earned income but is instead allocated using some mystery formula.  There is no way to allocate IRA contributions between states in the same way most other fields can be allocated.

Anyone else run across these problems?  I was on a service call for 3+ hours, started with a tech, who was very helpful and tried many different approaches, bringing in others to help.  Eventually I was transferred to the programming area where I was on hold for almost 2 of the 3 hours, and then the tech said something quickly and ended the call.  The only good thing to come from that process was discovering the tech could put me on a silent hold so I didn't have to listen to that unbelievably awful saxophone riff over and over and over and over and over . . .

0 Cheers