Major problems is stating it LIGHTLY!!!  Support is basically NOT EVEN acceptable!!   Today I called Lacerte support twice about two different "System errors", to quote the Lacerte tech.  I was on hold for over 45 minutes for each  call.    First of all, Lacerte, get rid of the folks you have hired to forward our calls to the right department and spend that money on KNOWLEDGEABLE TECHS!!!   My first call the tech CLEARLY did not have a clue...like so many others I have spoke with before!   This first tech didn't even know the program field I was speaking of and was clearly going to go on to the internet to research a fix to something she did not have a clue about.   Heck I could have done that myself!! I  had it and ask her if I could please speak with a tech that is experience.     Her response "sorry ma'am but all of the techs in this department were just hired for tax season and we all have to look up the answers on the internet data base.   Really is this what I pay so much to Lacerte for!  She agreed to transfer me to "systems error" department.   She returns to the phone and said I have some one else to help you.   Okay the total of that call was two hours and 17 minutes.   The second tech forced twice a Lacerte re-install before the error calculation in the tax engine was corrected.    After hanging up I proceed to finish this client return & found a diagnostics error stating: "Form 8615 tax for certain children who have unearned income does not apply to children ages 18- 23 whose EIN exceeds 1/2 of their support..... on it went with this message.  I say what the heck this is a single guy with no dependents which is exactly how his data was entered in the detail client info screen.  I call Lacerte again for this error and another error with calendar appointments syncing.  That call was 2 hours and 9 minutes.    At least the first tech this time knew how to proceed.  He had me send him the client file he opened on his computer and as well had a dependent llisted that was not even there and he could not delete the dependent detail screen or form 8615.   The solution  was to over ride the critical diagnostics error or setup a new client file and re-enter the dients data.   REALLY LACERTE!!!   I chose to over ride the critical diagnostics.   

Every year for at least eight - ten years I have said I am done with Lacerte...this year is the last straw unless Lacerte steps up their game!   I and my client's spend a good deal of money for intuit products between the tax program, various payroll products, QB desk top, and QBO it is really time for better results for the money we spend!!   I sure hope someone higher up in Intuit takes note of our complaints!!!   

Sorry for my venting!!   
Outraged