Richmond
Level 2

I am new at this.  I have 4-5 tax preparers in the office.  they prepare return and I am the efin.  How do I show that.  Are they a staff preparer and I am the preparer?  I am not doing their return just doing the ero part.  Please advise?

thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They are the preparer, you are the ERO firm.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 1, each of the preparers select their name (number)  from the dropdown. You would also select yourself as a preparer in Screen 1. The ERO is setup as part of the FIRM in Options.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Richmond
Level 2

so would i be preparer and they be staff.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

All can be preparers. YOU (and only you) are the ERO. YOU  may also be a preparer. If your staff have PTIN and are knowledgeable enough for you to trust they know what they are doing, they can be Preparers. 

Each can be set up as preparers in that same settings screen with the FIRM. 

Richmond
Level 2

So I will try this againb

I hold the ERO license and have my PTIN

Our office has all returns prepared get efiled by me.  In Drake I would be listed as ERO on 88779 and the tax return has the tax preparers name as the one who prepared the return.  I do not see how that can happen here.  I wanted each person that does returns to have their PTIN for those returns.  I want to show me as only doing the efile.  Is that possible

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Who is signing the tax returns as the Preparer?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Richmond
Level 2

So in the file I am the ERO G Lobeto.  I have the ERO assigned to me.  My associate T Quintanilla prepares all our short forms and some long forms.  But she is not licensed to do efiling.  She has her PTIN which is different from my PTIN.

I am trying to get the returns that have been done by her to show her as the preparer and me as the ERO only.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Setting > Options (or Master Options) > Firm Info > In the Electronic Filing show your EFIN and your Name as ERO Contact, Then go to Preparers and make sure YOU and each of your PREPARERS is assigned a number and all their information is entered an saved.

In Screen 1 of each return, the respective preparer will now select their name as preparer.

The 8879 should now show them as preparer and you as ERO.  

Spend a good deal of time on all of the items in this link:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/feature-preferences/help/adjusting-user-options-in-lacerte/0... 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers