I knew I was going to try to efile a client tonight that I just finished so I was ready to reprint to DMS since there was a lot of changes.  I thought I would check Lacerte for tax updates and there was a tax update putting me on federal version 40.0514 (unless this was the version previously and the update updated something else?) . I then reprinted the tax return to payer and to DMS and noticed there was only 33 pages instead of about 100 pages.  The tax returns are missing!  I tried to print the client copy, preparer copy, file copy and I get the same problem that only workpapers and statements and the letter and Form 8879 and 114a is printing.  The government copy only prints to paper and DMS three pages which are the Government Copy Slip Sheet, Form 114a and only 1 of the 2 pages of Form 114.  Form 1040 & the Arizona State form is not printing.  I checked my settings and everything is checked property.

I rebooted the computer and Lacerte is still doing this.  I then forced a reinstall and it did not help. I then did a pdf repair and it did not fix the problem which was suggested by a reply in my post to  Lacerte Rescuers on Facebook. 

Is Lacerte not in until Tuesday due to the Memorial Day holiday?  Anyone else have this problem? Any advice as my clients want to review another client copy and she and her husband feel they are ready to sign and want to efile ASAP.

Before the 2019 Lacerte Tax update tonight, I was printing on paper and to DMS with no problems.  My last change for this client was about 1 hour ago since while I was trying to fix the problem one of the taxpayers emailed me donations that were withheld from his payroll check. 

I wish I did not do the update until after printing to DMS after their final donations were given to me tonight.  Then once they signed the papers and before efiling, I would have checked for Lacerte updates so there would not be an efile reject from not efiling with the most recent program but at least the copy would be in DMS and clients would have it.

Thank you.

Susan

P.S. I just got another reply in Lacerte Rescuers and it seems if I uncheck the efile box next to Federal, Arizona and Form 114 (Spouse) I can print to paper and DMS again but I need to be able to efile and need the letter and efile instructions to print also. This appears to be a bug in Lacerte with this last tax update.

0 Cheers