User FIDO 61
Level 8

I cannot speak to delays in the approval of Draft forms. However, I have been using / administering Lacerte far longer than I care to remember. I processed Batch Data Entry with the pre-Windows versions.

Compounded with the change to Windows 10, this year has been one of the most glitch riddled. Issues specific to Windows 10 were as if Intuit was in denial the Operating System had been in circulation since July 2015. Lacerte 2019 has me chasing down more "internal" issues than previously. Silly little files in the undocumented bowels of Intuit that can be deleted and recreated to alleviate configuration issues. Odd Options file renaming for when the program does not display on users’ screens. Wait until you experience when one user on the network updates a client, makes a change and then another looks afterwards to see the change -- and it’s not there!

That said. Learning curve cannot be taken too lightly. My firm uses Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting's Ultra Tax specifically for Corporate tax returns. It locks into our Thomson applications (Accounting, Fixed Assets) and imports data. Lacerte is used for individuals, fiduciary, estate, and gift. Firm tried an early version of Ultra Tax, CCH Pro Series Fx (something?) for individuals, and never got over it. We've been dual application preparing since. Thomson renewals, Per-Return cost and support are expensive.* And their User Interface is less friendly / intuitive than Lacerte. (*not that Lacerte is cheap. Also, if you're shopping for a Cloud Hosted solution - Thomson is not expensive - it's outrageous!)

Maybe hindsight, but up until around 2015, 2016 Lacerte never really took a toll on me, especially not like it has and continues to for 2019.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers