User FIDO 61
Level 8

Editing the Windows Registry - not for the fainthearted

In Windows 10 when the database is on a windows server, such as Server 2008, 2012 or later and when the group policy is used to map network drivers, the following issues may occur:

• When Lacerte logs a user out for inactivity, the program locks up or hangs at the login screen.
  • The Lacerte client list is duplicated by whichever client is at the top of the client list. (This is a refresh issue and data nor clients are lost.  Closing and re-opening the program will correct the issue.)
  • The appointment manager fields on the client are blank. (This is a refresh issue and data nor clients are lost.  Closing and re-opening the program will correct the issue.)
  • Lacerte loses it connection to the network drives. The following message appears: The shared system file path is currently not available.  You have been disconnected from the network.  The Lacerte program cannot start without a valid system file path.  Would you like to work offline using the options and settings on this computer?
  • DMS will freeze up somewhere around every 90 minutes.

Full Help link ↓

Lacerte or DMS Stops Responding or Freezes in Windows 10

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪