TomdeB
Level 2

Yes, that has been the only thing saving us - solid IT people and a very good backup (I think ours is every 2 hours or less) since Lacerte said the backup process itself could be the problem. Lacerte doesn't seem to have any real understanding of the dynamic causing such file and program instability on a network. We have files that simply "auto-corrupt" for no identifiable reason every few days or so and the whole program on a particular workstation freezes when you try to open one of these files - which you could have just been in within the last 24 hours... and the longer you take to address it as soon as you find out the more you risk a total network-wide Lacerte shutdown. This is the highlight of tax season when Lacerte is the backbone of your whole tax practice. At $15-20K plus a year it is utterly frustrating and unacceptable. We have been using Lacerte for over 20 years and it used to be very reliable. Not sure if the cloud version would eliminate all these headaches - Intuit is probably putting all of their concern in that basket and neglecting the desktop users like us prematurely... 

I'm thinking of putting a new banner at the bottom of my email signature:

“Like a good Captain goes down with the ship, we’re loving Lacerte until the bitter end!”

0 Cheers