ProConnect Tax users can now set Firm, E-file, and Client level permissions for the users for your firm.
- Firm permissions allow you to control access to firm administration functions.
- E-file permissions allow you to determine which users in your firm are allowed to e-file through the program.
- Client permissions provide the ability restrict access to certain clients per user in your firm.
To invite or edit firm user and set permissions:
- Click Settings in the lower-left corner.
- From that menu, click Manage and Invite Users.
- Click Add User in the upper right corner or select a current employee to edit.
- For a New User, enter first/last name and email address
- Choose Access Level -- Basic or Full.
- In the next field, if the Access Level selected is Basic and you want to give this user permission to e-file, select Yes from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select No.
- Click Next.
- This is the Client Access screen. Select the clients that the user will have access to.
- Click Save. This will sent the invite to the new user.
- For an existing user, click on the name.
- From the first screen choose the Client Access level. This will be the access for your ProConnect Tax firm administration and for your free QBOA company file.
- A free QBOA file is available for all ProConnect Tax customers. To access, go to qbo.intuit.com and use your ProConnect Tax account to login.
- Once the Access role is selected at the bottom, choose Client Access tab at the top.
- Specify which clients your employee should have access by adding/removing the check-mark for each client to add/remove access for the team member.
- Click Save.
If one or more of your users are unable to e-file from the File Return screen, there are two possible reasons:
- Unresolved critical diagnostics
- To solve: Clear all remaining critical diagnostics.
- User has not been given permission to e-file
- To solve: Refer to Step 6 in the instructions above.