Intuit Help
Intuit

Help Articles

Live Events

Q1. What is the cost to take training?

All live and recorded webinars, as well as our personalized training portals (ProSeries and Lacerte only) are included as part of your software purchase.  We will charge a nominal fee of $99 for the Lacerte Season Readiness Live Tour to help offset the costs for the events.

Q2. Why are you not visiting my city for the Lacerte Tour?

We carefully selected our city locations based on a number of criteria. Unfortunately, we just cant visit everywhere we would like to go. We will continue to evaluate the number of events we host as well as which locations in future years. As an alternative, those unable to attend the face-to-face events are encouraged to attend a live webinar.

Q3. Why are you not offering a tour for ProSeries?

We highly value our ProSeries customers and did not approach the decision to focus exclusively on Lacerte lightly.  We continue to evaluate the events we will host, and which products to feature in future years. New this year, we are offering a free ProSeries Tax Reform Boot Camp to help customers transform their practice and increase their value as a trusted advisor for clients through proactive tax planning.  As an alternative, we encourage all ProSeries customers to attend a live Webinar to learn about new functionality as well as valuable tips to increase your productivity. 

Q4. Do I need to come to both the morning and afternoon sessions if Im attending one of the Lacerte Live Tour events?

Yes, we are unable to offer partial credit for this particular training program. As such, in order to receive credit (CPE or CE) then you must attend the full day. If you do not need credit for the program you are welcome to leave as your schedule dictates.

NOTE: In order to receive CPE credits for the tour you must attend both sessions morning and afternoon. To receive IRS CE credit please register with your PTIN number. Your PTIN must include the P in front along with all preceding 0s so that it is 9 characters in total (e.g. P00012345). We are required to manually upload your CE credit to the IRS database on your behalf.

Q5. Will CPE be offered?

We are planning to offer CPE for the Lacerte Tour as well as most of the live webinars. We are unable to offer CPE for webinar recordings or the newly enhanced online training portal.  CE may also be available for courses that meet the 80/20 tax content rule set by the IRS. If a course is eligible for CPE or CE, the amount of credit hours will be provided in the course description. If it is not referenced or states 0 then it is not eligible. CPE should be accepted by most states but it is always at their discretion as to whether or not they will honor a given course. Intuit is not liable for any certificates not accepted by a given state authority. We are registered sponsor with TX as well. Our sponsor number for TX is 009124, and our NASBA sponsor number is 103311. We are not registered to offer CTEC credits for tax professionals preparing returns in the state of California.

Q6. Will lunch be served?

Coffee and catering will be provided. Please be sure to bring any food items you may need for specific dietary requirements.

Recorded Events  

Q1. I want to sign up for an event but it is full. What are my options?

For the Lacerte Live Tour, seating is limited due to space. However, it is possible that someone who signed up ends up not being able to make it to the event. We do not encourage you to do so, but if you attend knowing that the event is full we will do our best to accommodate you. It is possible that you may not have a chair available.

We expect webinar capacity to fully accommodate everyones needs, however if a webinar is full we are not able to increase the capacity due to technology limitations. You will want to register for a different event or watch the recording.

Q2. I missed my webinar what can I do?

Not to worry. If there are more webinars available, you can simply register for the next one that agrees with your schedule. We will also have recordings available for every webinar.

Q3. Where can I sign up?

Q4. I am having audio issues, how can I fix this?

Follow these steps to resolve audio issues:

1. Try logging in again in a new window.
  2. Check your system:
  • Are your speakers plugged in and turned on?
  • Are your speakers are turned on?
  • Is the speaker volume turned up adequately?
  • Is application audio turned on? (In Windows, it's part of the sound mixer - independent volume leveler)
  • Is another audio application running? (ex.  YouTube, Spotify, Skype)
  • Is a headset plugged in or have an independent volume setting? Also, if it's wireless, is it out of power?
  • Is the wrong audio output device selected on the computer?
  1. If none of the above are the case, it's either a broadband error, firewall issue, outdated plug-in or a conflicting browser app.