Refer to this article for information about Right Networks system requirements.
Possible network-related causes of slowness or connection issues
- Right Networks recommends a wired connection. If you're experiencing slowness while connected with Wi-Fi, try switching to a Local Area Network (LAN) by plugging in your internet cord.
- If you're only experiencing slowness while working from home but not at your office (or vice versa), the issue could be geographical.
- Right Networks recommends running apps that require internet access in the hosted session itself and not on your local machine.
- For example, if you need Google Chrome open while working in Right Networks, don't open Google Chrome on your local computer. Instead, open it within your hosted session to reduce bandwidth usage and improve your performance.
Testing your network
If none of the above solutions work, you'll need to test your network. Before testing your network, make sure you're logged into your Right Networks Remote Desktop and minimize the Right Networks window so it can run in the background. Don't perform the tests within the Remote Desktop.
Possible hardware-related causes of slowness or connection issues
- If your computer monitors are being powered through a USB hub or switch, Right Networks recommends connecting the monitors directly to your computer.
- Take note of which users with your firm are affected. If it's only a handful, it may be easier to compare their hardware with those who aren't having issues.
Testing your hardware:
If none of the above solutions work, you'll need to test your hardware. Before testing your hardware, make sure you're logged into your Right Networks Remote Desktop and minimize the Right Networks window so it can run in the background. Don't perform the tests within the Remote Desktop.
If you've worked through all of the above steps and still haven't determined what's causing your slowness or connection issues, additional troubleshooting may be necessary. Reach out to our Technical Support team during business hours and we can assist over the phone.
- Lacerte: 800-933-9999.
- ProSeries: 800-434-6818.